How hospitality impacts stadium development - insights from our webinar
The online session resulted in some interesting insights for our members:
1) Diversity in audience increases at a rapid speed
More and more people from all sorts of backgrounds start to see hospitality packages as a good way to experience the match. This must be taken into account when designing new offerings. Prayer rooms are for instance something that is scheduled in the new stand at Anfield Road, to accomodate visitors in the hospitality areas.
2) Hospitality lounges are increasing their non-matchday use
About 10 years ago, sports venues began to turn towards multi-usage with concerts of famous artists and organising non-football related events. This trend is ever increasing and now extends towards hospitality lounges. Both Everton FC and Liverpool FC are creating new ways of how these areas can be put to use on non-matchdays.
3) Data helps determine the number of future hospitality seats
When considering to extend the hospitality lounges, research towards the interest of fans is essential. Both clubs are in the position of a large latent demand, which makes it possible to significantly broaden the space in the stands for hospitality offerings. Nevertheless, they researched the extend of the demand to be sure not to overshoot.
Curious to find oud more? You can find the presentations and recorded version on the ESSMA Knowledge Platform
Next topic on our agenda: Matches behind closed doors: experiences from Borussia Mönchengladbach
Setting up safe matches behind closed doors takes a lot of preparation and planning. In Germany, competition has restarted on May 16th, with a extensive roadmap , full of precautions and measures.
Matthias Neumann, Head of Security at Borussia Mönchengladbach, will share their experiences with you on June 18th.
- What is the situation exactly one month after the restart?
- How do matches take place, what measures are there in general?
- And how are they being put to practice? What works well and what remains a challenge?
- And what about fan experience: is there some kind of live stream? Do fans stay away from the surrounding of the stadium? Is there more online activity before, during or after the matches?
Find out the answers to these questions during our fifth webinar!