Industry update: more on 3D technology, fan experience initiatives and stadium renovation
Read more on 3D interactive ticketing, different initiatives on fan experience and stadium renovation in this short stadium industry update by ESSMA.
- FC Metz will renovate the South Tribune at their Stade Saint-Symphorien. The total capacity will increase from 25,636 to 30,000 seats. Furthermore, the multifunctional design allows to organise other sports and cultural events.
- FK Austria Wien will inaugurate their 17,500 capacity Generali-Arena with a game against Borussia Dortmund on 13 July 2018. Borussia Dortmund was the number one requested opponent according to a fan survey.
- 3D Digital Venue, an ESSMA Corporate Partner, have created a 360-degree 3D interactive ticketing solution for the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. By using the 3D technology, fans are able to experience in 3D the view of their (future) allocated seats in the stadium.
- During PSV Eindhoven - FC Utrecht live statistics of PSV players, including duels and key passes, were shown on LED boarding next to the pitch. After the game, all statistics could be found on social media so fans could track their favorite players.
- La Liga announced a partnership with Amazon to produce a documentary series called Six Dreams. The docuseries will follow several clubs, players, coaches and other staff throughout the 2017/2018 season. Six Dreams will debut later in 2018 exclusively on Amazon Prime.
- Philips, an ESSMA Stadium Partner, delivered ‘fans-first’ lighting at the multi-purpose Optus Stadium with the Philips Arena Experience system.
- British groundsmen including Jonathan Calderwood, Tony Stones and Paul Burgess are currently working in top European clubs to ensure qualitative pitches across Europe and to raise the standards, read the full article in the Independent.
“ESSMA gives the Head Grounds Managers a platform to be more recognised within the sports industry and to raise the profile of what we do.”
Jonathan Calderwood, Head Grounds Manager PSG