Industry update: more on development, SLO and broadcasting
Read more on SLO training at the Swedish Football League, beta testing for RAFC’s new app, development plans for Sporting Charleroi and more in ESSMA’s weekly industry update.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Royal Antwerp FC offers its fans the opportunity to beta test their renewed RAFC app and provide valuable feedback. As an incentive, Royal Antwerp FC provides free public transport for fans testing the app. New features of the app include RAFC TV, the option to purchase tickets, live streaming of matches, etc.
Development & Construction
- Sporting Charleroi announced its masterplan to build a new stadium with their Horizon 2024 project where the focus will be an its multifunctional facilities. In addition, the club has plans to construct a new training centre for the first team and the youth squads.
Safety & Security
- The Swedish Football League organised part two of its annual SLO workshop for all 24 Allsvenskan and Superettan clubs. As the SLO’s are the closest to the football fans and communication with them is important, the Swedish Football League are involving them more in the decision-making process.
- DFL has launched its Electronic Program Guide (EPG), providing easy access to broadcasting information via the Official Bundesliga App and website from anywhere in the world. It detects the location of the user based on their IP address and uses this to display information on the service and on the channel that matches will be aired on in their region, without any input from the user. The feature also allows users to click through to the licence partner broadcasting the match in their region.
- UEFA announced the hosts for the 2021, 2022 and 2023 UEFA Champions League final:
- 2021: Saint Petersburg Stadium (St Petersburg, Russia)
- 2022: Allianz Arena (Munich, Germany)
- 2023: Wembley Stadium (London, England)
- The European Week of Sport campaign, an initiative of the European Commision, aims at promoting sport and physical activity across Europe to all citizens, regardless of age, background or fitness level. Together with its members, ECA and European Leagues support the campaign with several initiative to encourage everyone to be active.