Industry update: pitch management event, redevelopment plans and naming rights
Check out the newest industry update!
- On 27 April 2022, our commercial partner Rhenac Sports LED will organise the Rhenac Sports LED Summit which will take place in the Veltins Arena of Schalke 04. Grass experts, grounds managers, architects, stadium contractors and pitch maintenance specialists will come together to discover Rhenac Sports LED’s sustainable grass grow light technology. You can register here.
© Rhenac Sports Led
Development & Construction
- Bloomfield Road, the stadium of Blackpool FC, will be redeveloped. A new facility, which could accommodate 4,600 people, will replace the current East Stand. The renovation works would start in 2024.
- Sevilla FC has chosen Legends to examine the options for its future stadium. Both a redevelopment of Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán and a new stadium will be considered.
Sustainability & Smart
- Real Madrid has agreed to a partnership with Cisco, a technology company. The goal is to improve the connectivity at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium. Cisco will provide the Spanish club with its connectivity, security, data centre and digital signage solutions. These innovations would also enhance the fan experience.
Operations & Ticketing
- FC Barcelona finally closed the deal with Spotify for the naming rights to the Camp Nou stadium. The stadium will be called Spotify Camp Nou. Spotify will also be on the shirts, replacing Rakuten.
Discover the full articles here!