Industry update: redevelopments and the metaverse
Catch up on the latest industry updates!
Operations and ticketing
- Borussia Dortmund’s stadium will be called the Signal Iduna Park for at least another nine years. The partnership with the German insurance company has been extended again. The stadium has been named the Signal Iduna Park since 2005.
© Waldemar Brandt
Fan experience & Hospitality
- English football club Birmingham City FC plans on entering the metaverse. The first step is to make a digital copy of Birmingham’s St. Andrew’s Stadium. The project would also include NFT’s, club tokens and a digital museum about the clubs’ history.
Development & Construction
- Aston Villa FC wants to expand Villa Park to a capacity of more than 50,000 seats. At the moment, Villa Park can accommodate 42,000 fans. The renovation would also include an upgrade of the clubs’ hospitality facilities. Furthermore, the expansion should enhance the match-day experience for the Aston Villa fans.
© Aston Villa
- CA River Plate has chosen ESSMA partner IDOM as project manager of the renovation works at the El Monumental Stadium. The capacity of the stadium will be increased to 81,000 seats and there will be an expansion of the corporate boxes.
- Legends will lead the redevelopment of the Avicii Arena in Stockholm. The focus of the project will be the guest experience and additional revenue streams. The Avicii Arena was formerly known as the Ericsson Globe.
Discover the full articles here!