Natural Grass (NG) is one of the leading and most innovative companies in the field of reinforced natural surfaces. Created in 2009, Natural Grass keeps developing eco-designed natural surfaces for top level sports, building integrated vegetation, and landscape architecture thanks to its unique team of researchers and natural turf specialists. All technologies are developed in close partnership with French laboratories.
What is our added value to ESSMA?
Top level football and rugby clubs need high quality standards pitches to perform in their championship and preserve their players safety. Thanks to its unique knowledge combining pitch management/construction and biomecanic expertise, Natural Grass believes it can offer to ESSMA members a new point of view regarding the pitches and brings new solutions to tackle the issue of player injuries.
Products & services
Airfibr is the fruit of a 6-year R&D program run by a team of 10 researchers working for Natural Grass. The team has developed a patented rootzone which includes granules of natural cork, sand and 150bn of microfibers. The natural grass is rooted in this rootzone allowing exceptional characteristics.
While resistance, shock absorption and flexibility are not traditionally compatible, AirFibr is the first technology that combines these three benefits in a single hybrid sport turf technology: its resistance ensures a quality pitch throughout the year, while its shock absorption allows optimum safety levels for players. It also increased flexibility in the management of the field.
In 4 years, Airfibr has become the leader in France in the new generation of hybrid turf surfaces and has equipped pitches in the most prestigious world competitions.
- Arsenal FC : 2 training pitches in London Colney, England
- Real Madrid : 1 training pitch in Valdebebas, Spain
- Olympique Lyonnais : 2 training piches & the Groupama Stadium (EURO 2016 & FIFA WWC 2019 Stadium) in Lyon, France
- Olympique de Marseille : Orange Vélodrome (EURO 2016 Stadium) in Marseille, France
- French Rugby Federation : 1 training pitch in Marcoussis, France
- ASSE : Stade Geoffroy Guichard (EURO 2016 Stadium) in Saint Etienne, France
- FC Girondins : Matmut Atlantique (EURO 2016 Stadium) in Bordeaux, France
- Toulouse FC : Stadium de Toulouse (EURO 2016 Stadium) in Toulouse, France
- LOSC : 2 training pitches & the Stade Pierre Mauroy (EURO 2016 Stadium) in Lille, France
- Racing 92 : 1 training pitch in Plessis Robinsson, France