A new stadium for Aberdeen FC and additional facilities for the Aberdeen FC Community Trust
In April 2018, Aberdeen FC and the Aberdeen Football Club Community Trust (AFCCT) received final planning permission for their proposed new stadium, training and community facilities from the relevant authorities at a site to the west of the city. This was an important step towards the realisation of Aberdeen FC’s long held ambition.
The project will include a community sports hub and football training facilities for Aberdeen FC, alongside the new 20,000 seat stadium which will provide an improved matchday and non-matchday experience for the club, fans and the wider community.
Furthemore, the £50 million privately-funded project on the 25-acre site will provide sporting and entertainment facilities for the community and will allow the club to construct dedicated facilities for its award-winning “AFC Community Trust” foundation close to the stadium. These include:
- Two community 3G pitches
- Community pavilion which will include changing facilities
- A gymnasium and multi-purpose space (with a potential community learning zone)
- A fan-zone
- An Aberdeen FC club store
- AFC Heritage Museum and Memorial garden
- Circa 1,500 car parking spaces
- Bus parking and drop-off areas