ESSMA Summit 2021: Focus on technology and reconnecting with your peers during the annual highlight of the stadium-industry
On November 9th and 10th, ESSMA brings together the stadium-industry in the Allianz Stadium, home of Juventus. From Advertising on new platforms to Zero carbon footprint in stadiums, all aspects of the stadium business are part of the programme. 32 speakers, coming from various clubs and leagues, will share insights on their projects and their revival after the huge impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Keynote by DFL on the upcoming technological innovations in German stadiums.
Technology is an important aspect of stadium development nowadays. Therefore, the DFL has organized a project to accelerate technological stadium innovation, connecting stadiums and tangible solutions. Moritz Mücke (DFL) and Birger Nass (DFL) will give an cativating keynote to inspire all on the topics.
Seminar tracks in 4 areas of expertise (venue – business – fan – pitch)
The most important activities in stadiums are being brought together in a dedicated seminar track.
- Club Content: how to go about the capture, creation and dissemination? Feyenoord works together with a streaming platform, Olympique Lyonnais creates and hosts his own talk show in their own studio… both clubs disclose their approach, the benefits and hurdles. The Pre-Summit tour goes into more detail on the media hub of AC Milan
- Brand Strategy: how to make the most of your brand with limited means? Venezia FC has come a long way from an average brand in Italian competition to one of the most fashionable brands nowadays. Don’t miss your chance to find out more on this transformation during the ESSMA Summit.
- Digital customer journey: technology opens doors for new fan experiences and new stadium operations. Real Sociedad and Valencia CF will disclose their learnings on the integration of new technology.
- Stadium Development: thoroughly renovating stadium areas or developing new stadiums is a challenge in regions with a high population density. A project to keep an eye on in that regard is Co-op Live, a new venue for leisure and sports, next to the Etihad Stadium and to complement the Manchester city centre offer.
- Safety & Security: Has our approach to general safety and hygienic protocols changed forever? We will look into Safety and Security from a SLO point of view, as well as a Safety Managers point of view. How will metal detectors, CCTV and BIM systems be integrated in a post-COVID situation? The LFP will give you the answers at our Summit. Matthias Neumann from Borussia Mönchengladbach will go into detail on crowd management at Borussia-Park nowadays, what learning remain from the matches behind closed doors and new challenges in stewarding.
- Sustainability: tackling the environmental footprint of football is main driver of the European GOALS project, in which ESSMA is involved. Tiberio Daddi, member of the project team, will elaborate on the desired and developed tooling to measure and reduce the carbon footprint in stadiums. In addition, rugby club Section Paloise discusses their new recycled shirts, re-using 20 plastic bottles to produce one high-quality shirt.
- La Turbie of AS Monaco FC and the OGC Nice Training Complex: discovering new training centers. AS Monaco FC has invested in a brand-new training center of 5 hectares, combining various types of surfaces. Eventually, 3 UEFA/ FFF pitches and a data center will be integrated. The presentation of Félicien Laborde, Facilties Director will reveal all the ins and outs on f this new seven-story facility. OGC Nice put in place a training complex, with 5 varying pitches that represent different circumstances. One particular challenge is the climate, that has to be accounted for in pitch management. Scott Brooks, Head Groundsmanager in OGC Nice, and former head groundsmanager of St George's Park, shares his experiences in adapting surfaces to teams with continuously changing demands.
- Touring the Juventus Training Center: an in-depth tour of the pitch management in the training center awaits you on November 9th
- Match day activities: how to create the most vibrant and profitable stadium on match day? That is the main question answered in this seminar track. Borja Gonzales from Athletic Bilbao discusses the future of catering in San Mames, whilst Tom McCann goes into detail on the Avenell Club of Arsenal. Stoke City is the third speaker to complete this track with their insights on how to welcome fans with special needs.
- Non – Match day activities: extending the profitable activities at the venue. How to turn as much days as possible into business working days at the grounds? Almere City enlights us on their business club activities, whereas Utrecht FC reveals their approach to attract the youngest of fans into detail.
Available ESSMA Summit packages
- ESSMA Summit complete package: ticket for both Summit days and hotel package (including two hotel nights on 8/11 & 9/11 in the 4* conference hotel)
- ESSMA Summit hotel package (two hotel nights in the 4* conference hotel on 8/11 & 9/11)
- ESSMA Summit ticket - most profitable rate available until October 15th!
- ESSMA pre-Summit ticket: ticket for the tour of San Siro and Casa Milan on November 8th