Industry Update: attendance record at Barcelona, new stadiums and rail seating
Catch up on the latest industry updates!
Operations & Ticketing
- SKIDATA, an ESSMA partner, has introduced its eTicketing solution. Thanks to this new service, fans can simply enter the stadium by showing their smartphone, which is fast and efficient. For clubs this solution saves time and staff. More info can be acquired on their website http://www.skidata.
- The attendance record at a women’s football match has been broken by FC Barcelona in the Camp Nou stadium. 91,553 people watched Barcelona qualifying itself against Real Madrid for the next round of the Champions League.
Development & Construction
- FC Rapid București’s new stadium has been inaugurated. The stadium, called Stadionul Giulești, has a capacity of 14,000 seats. ESSMA partners Avitech and Bosch have been involved in the development of the new stadium.
- Queens Park Rangers will install rail seating at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium next season. The stadium will also get some other upgrades, such as new food and drink facilities.
- Stade Brestois has revealed its plans for a new stadium with a capacity of 15,000 seats. One of the key points of the stadium will be sustainability, with the plan to install six wind turbines.
© Stade Brestois 29
- The Rhenac Sports LED Summit will take place in the Veltins Arena of Schalke 04 on 27 April 2022. Grass experts, grounds managers, architects, stadium contractors and pitch maintenance specialists will come together to discover Rhenac Sports LED’s sustainable grass grow light technology. You can register here.
Find out more: