Industry update: Award-winning partner and operational innovations
Read the latest industry updates here.
- KRC Genk becomes client of ESSMA partner Rhenac Sports LED. They will use the innovative CLS Grass Grow Lighting Technology to support the recuperation of their turf in the Cegeka Arena after a successful trial period.
- ESSMA partner GrassMaster Solutions has had a festive week. Tottenham Hotspur has won the Grounds Team award of the Premier League for this season with the help of the PlayMaster system. Brøndby, also with the PlayMaster system, has been voted best pitch of the Danish Superliga.
Operations & Ticketing:
- Doncaster Rovers is in search for a new catering partner to operate in its Eco-Power Stadium with a capacity of 15,000 seats. The bidding process is now open. The fans will also be involved in the decision.
- Wembley has signed a deal with a blockchain mobile ticketing provider, Tixngo. The system will create a unique ticket for Wembley guests which can be stored on their smartphone.
- Real Madrid has agreed to a deal with investment firm Sixth Street and premium experiences company Legends over the operation of the redeveloped Estadio Santiago Bernabéu. The club will receive approximately 360 million euros to invest. In exchange Sixth Street acquires the right to participate in the operation of certain new businesses of the Santiago Bernabéu stadium.