Industry update: clubs and leagues focus on fan connection in these difficult times and new loyalty programme for Arsenal on the horizon
Read all about it in ESSMA Industry Update.
Fan experience and hospitality
- Arsenal has announced the ‘My Arsenal Rewards’ – a new and groundbreaking fan loyalty and rewards programme. The progamme will offer all UK-fans meaningful rewards for their engagement and loyalty to the club. The membership card will work as a electronic matchday ticket, rewards card and payment card throughout Emirates Stadium. Fans will earn loyalty points based on specific interactions with the club, which they can then redeem for exclusive rewards or money-can’t-buy Arsenal experiences.
- Teddy bears filled the stands in the Abe Lenstra Stadium at FC Emmen instead of supporters recently! 15,000 teddy bears want to draw attention to children fighting cancer in the Nederlands and were being sold to support the Children Cancer Fund.
- Olympique de Marseille and Twitch are joining forces to bring more clubcontent on the Twitchplatform. Press conferences of the first team, debates, and even live games with comments from the Twitch room are on the programme!
- Also the French Rugby League has found a creative solution for the absence of fans in the stands. Videoconferencing tools are integrated in the LED-panels surrounding the field, which results in 200 fans following the games from the front row.
Development and construction
- Signify installed a new lightning system at Red Bull Arena, home of RB Leipzig. The lightning across the entire stadium will be controlled from one dashboard. In addition, the south façade of the Red Bull Arena will be illuminated in the club’s colors. With regard to hygienic safety, Signify’s UV-C disinfection lighting work by deactivating the DNA and RNA of microorganisms like bacteria and viruses, including the SARS CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19. In the Red Bull Arena, UV-C will be used to disinfect surfaces and indoor air at various areas of the commercial buildings and the stadium, including the players’ dressing rooms.
- The Electronic Program Guide of DFL has expanded and is now also accessible for fans of Eintracht Frankfurt and Borussia Mönchengladbach on their digital platforms. In general the Electronic Program Guide detects the location of the user based on their IP address and uses this to display information on the service and on the channel that matches will be aired on in their region, without any input from the user.
Fan Experience online workshop zooms in on the topic
As ESSMA follows the stadium industry closely, our annual fan experience workshop also zooms in on the topic of fan connection in times of physical absence with Stoke City and Celtic FC. This workshop takes place online and is free of charge for our members. So don't hesitate and get your tickets quickly!