Industry update: more on digital tickets, stadium renovation and hybrid pitches
Read all about digital tickets at FC Bayern München, stadium renovations at Atalanta BC, Paris La Défense Arena as a vaccination centre and more in ESSMA’s industry update.
Operations & ticketing
- With the aim of increasing sustainability, FC Bayern München has announced they will stop offering paper tickets to its fans and make the switch to digital tickets from the 2021/22 season. Stadium visitors will now have the choice to either print their tickets out at home or use their smartphone to gain access to Allianz Arena.
Fan experience & hospitality
- The Swedish first and second division launched their new service called Highlights Plus. With this service fans can watch goals or other crucial moments from all matches without delay directly on their mobile.
Development & Construction
- Italian football club Atalanta BC announced they will start the third phase of their stadium’s renovation process in September which will see the stadium capacity increase up to 25,000. In addition, a new underground parking space will be built, adding 253 parking spaces for the visitors.
- A pitch transformation will take place at Ghelamco Arena, home of KAA Gent. In collaboration with our Corporate Partner Recreational Systems International they will install a new hybrid turf system, aiming for innovation, digitalisation and increased pitch quality.
- Our Corporate Partner GrassMax Systems has recently installed 2 new pitches at AFC Wimbledon and Principality Stadium. With their specialisation in the application of hybrid grass technologies they are able to deliver high-quality pitches.
- A new vaccination centre at Paris La Défense Arena has opened its doors. With the aim of welcoming a large number of people, the French venue can offer up to 15,000 vaccines per week.