Industry update: more on fan experience, construction and ticketing
Read more on the EURO 2020 ticketing app, Cagliari Calcio’s plan for a new stadium, fan experience at Olympique Lyonnais and more in ESSMA’s weekly industry update
Development & Construction
- Liverpool FC launches a first-stage public consultation on the proposed expansion of the Anfield Road Stand. With the plan, the total capacity of the stadium will increase up to 61,000 by adding 7,000 seats. It also include exploring the opportunity for a permanent permission to hold concerts and other major events.
- Cagliari Calcio receives approval from Cagliari City Council to build a new stadium. The club is able to start the final executive planning. The construction of the 25,200-seat stadium should commence in 2021 and will ideally be concluded in 2024.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Olympique Lyonnais, in a partnership with Hyundai, will offer a new experience at Groupama Stadium by offering fans pitch-side seats. The seats will be handed over to the fan who is the fastest to write the game code displayed on the stadium scoreboard.
Operations & Ticketing
- To deliver a personalised experience for each EURO 2020 fan, they can download the EURO 2020 app to unlock a personal digital travelcard and a digital ticketing solution. Furthermore, for a full experience, the fans will be able to check an interactive map, stadium guides, live scores, archive highlights, player and head coach interviews.
- Liverpool FC is launching YouTube Memberships. The initiative allows the club’s supporters to choose between a free membership account or a monthly subscription. The premium content provides features such as loyalty badges, live shows every match, pre- and post-match interviews, U18s and U23s match highlights and content from the training ground.