Industry update: more on construction, acoustic stadium technology and safety
Read more on the sound mapping technology implemented at Allianz Arena, sleeve sponsorship opportunities in the Serie A, a new partnership for AS Roma, progress on Al Bayt Stadium - Al Khor City and more in this short industry update by ESSMA.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Bayern Munich is going to work together with Siemens and the Economist Group to implement sound mapping technology to try and convert energy into visual effects with acoustic camera technology. The data will be mapped onto a 3D model and used to bring to life the story of the fans, and their emotions, through visual data and will also track the relationship between fan energy and its interplay with on-pitch performance.
- Serie A clubs are allowed to have a sleeve sponsor following the approval of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC). Sponsorship advertising can be placed on the front of the shirt, on the back of the shirt (under the number) and on the left sleeve of the shirt; the total area occupied by advertising must not exceed 650 cm2.
- For the 2018/19 season AS Roma will team up with Warner Bros. Entertainment Italia to link football and international cinema. A first project of the partnership focuses on the release of the new movie ‘Venom’ with several AS Roma players being part of a promotional ad.
Safety & Security
- The Football Association has confirmed to support the safe standing proposal in the Premier League and Championship as long as safety can be guaranteed. By the end of 2018, the Government should have its review ready.
Construction & Development
- Al Bayt Stadium - Al Khor City, one of the proposed 2022 FIFA World Cup venues, has started with the installation of its retractable roof. In a three-phase movement it will take on average 20 minutes to close the roof.