Industry update: more on data gathering, safety and CSR
Read more on data gathering in the Dutch Eredivisie, the implementation of VAR, ‘Know the Game Plan’, CSR projects, virtual advertising and more in this short industry update by ESSMA.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- From the 2018/19 season, all 18 Dutch Eredivisie clubs will collectively gather and share data. The stadiums have been equipped with cameras that register the movements of all players and automatically converts these images into data. The statistics are used to analyse and develop the players' and the team's performance.
- Among other national competitions, in the 2018/2019 season the VAR will be used in the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Eredivisie, Serie A, Jupiler Pro League, Ekstraklasa, Primeira Liga, Süper Lig, etc.
- Borussia Dortmund will implement virtual advertising technology during all home matches of the 2018/19 season. The virtual advertising technology ensures dedicated advertising depending on the dedicated international marketing and regional partners. DFL approved the use of virtual advertising following a test trial of Borussia Dortmund against FC Augsburg
- Thethree-day 2018 FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final generated over 29 million views. Compared to the 2017 FIFA Interactive World Cup Final, there is a 400% increase in digital viewership.
- Olympique Lyonnais received the ‘Qualité Tourisme’ certificate for its Groupama Stadium tours and museum. The certificate ensures a high level of quality for French tourist destinations. Groupama Stadium is the first French stadium with the ‘Qualité Tourisme’ label.
Safety & Security
- The Counter Terrorism Policing is working together with the English clubs to enhance measures designed to keep supporters safe and to raise awareness of the threat from terrorism among club employees and supporters. The ‘Know the Game Plan’ is part of a wider police plan to remind fans to report any security concerns to stewards and staff.
- In September ECA will announce the winner of the Best Community & Social Responsibility Programme award. Learn more about the 8 shortlisted projects.