Industry update: more on development, fan zones and hospitality
Read more on a permanent fan zone at PSV, F&B at Ipswich Town FC, renovation plans at Stade Marcel Verchère and more in ESSMA’s weekly industry update.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- For all home matches of the 2019/20 season, PSV is organising a fan zone, the PSV FANplein. The idea is an initiative of the Children Innovation Council, which aims at attracting the new generation of fans in the development of an innovative environment. The fanzone opens 3,5 hours prior to the match and fans can enjoy music, some food and drinks.
- Ipswich Town FC have made improvements toenhance matchday service and speed of service. The club focused on upgrading the till system, adding additional credit card payment facilities as well as installing digital menu boards.
Development & Construction
- Union Sportive Bressane Pays de l’Ain is continuing to modernise Stade Marcel Verchère. The next phase of the project includes the redevelopment of the South Tribune, with an increased capacity of 1,750. In addition, the stand will include new facilities such as changing rooms, a medical centre, new VIP areas, etc.
- Lord’s Cricket Ground has improved its dispatch times with 70% by implementing the Incident Management System of ESSMA Stadium Partner, 24/7 Software. With the web-based software solution Lord’s Cricket Ground has a system for all their stakeholders to use, a tool to learn about their operation’s performance and identify areas for improvement & optimisation, and access to first-class customer service.
- Leicester City FC is upgrading the lighting system at King Power Stadium with the support of ESSMA Corporate Partner, Musco Lighting. The new lighting system will enhance the matchday experience for fans and provide brilliant broadcast quality.