Industry update: more on development, the ECA Awards and fan experience
Read more on the development plans for Huddersfield Town and KV Kortrijk, the winners of the 2018 ECA Awards, a hotel at Stade Océane and a fan token for PSG fans in this weekly industry update provided by ESSMA.
Construction & Development
- Huddersfield Town will redevelop its training complex, PPG Canalside. During phase 1, a new hybrid pitch, of ESSMA Stadium Partner GrassMaster Solutions, will be installed including a covered stand for supporters. The first team building will be constructed in phase 2 of the project and will include a medical treatment area, an analysis theater, new changing rooms, gymnasium, etc.
- KV Kortrijk revealed the masterplan for their new stadium. The multifunctional stadium complex will have place for 15,000 fans (including a safe standing section) and focuses on sustainability. Furthermore, the complex will include areas for offices, showrooms, workshops, hospitality, recreation and a hotel.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Le Havre Athlétic Club officially opened its 1872 Stadium Hotel in their Stade Océane with 20 rooms. On matchdays fans have the opportunity to purchase a VIP package (hotel included) for two people at €490.
- Paris Saint-Germain has partnered up with Socios.com to create its own crypto token. The Fan Token Offering (FTO) will allow PSG fans to engage with the club through mobile voting and polling platforms. Furthermore, token owners will be granted access to exclusive fan rewards, content and experiences.
- During their annual General Assembly, ECA announced the winners of the ECA Awards 2018:
- Real Madrid CF is the 2018 European club of the year
- For their significant progress in European competition during the 2017/18 season FC Red Bull Salzburg receive the Best Sporting Progress award
- KAA Gent received the award for Best Community & Social Responsibility Programme with their ‘Revitalizing New Ghent’ project
- The 2018 Women’s Club Football Award has been awarded to both Arsenal FC and Chelsea FC for among other reasons, a record attendance during the 2018 FA Cup final with over 45,000 fans.