Industry update: more on fan attendance, safe standing and stadium projects
Read more on the new training centre of Feyenoord Rotterdam, DFL’s strong branding, sustainability at Swansea City, the seat design of the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, a VIP ticketing platform for Fortuna Sittard, etc. in this short industry update by ESSMA.
- During the German Brand Award, DFL has been named “Digital Brand of the Year”. At the start of the 2017/2018 season, the brand presence of the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 as well as the DFL was overhauled and optimised for all platforms including new logos, fonts, color palette, on-air graphics, etc. Furthermore, the DFL MAGAZINE won in the “Brand Creation - Web & Mobile” category.
- Compared to the 2016/2017 season, attendance in the Bundesliga increased by 8% with an average match attendance of 40,693 fans. In the Bundesliga 2, the average attendance per match was 17,473.
- UEFA unveiled that from the 2018/2019 season, the sale and distribution of alcohol in stadiums during European matches will be permitted, if allowed by national and local laws.
Construction & Development
- Feyenoord Rotterdam has officially inaugurated its new training centre ‘1908’. The facilities include two pitches for the first team, a dedicated pitch for the goalkeepers and a main building with dressing rooms, medical facilities, a fitness room, etc.
- The first renovation phase of the Daugavas stadium has been completed with the reconstruction of the West stand and a new North and South stand. In the beginning of 2019, phase two of the renovation project will commence. The total budget for renovating the stadium is estimated around € 60 million.
Safety & Security
- Tottenham Hotspur unveiled the design of the seating areas of their new stadium. The seats have been made future-proofed should the law change and allow for standing areas in the Premier League and EFL Championship. Parliament debated the issue of safe standing on Monday 25 June, but haven’t reached a decision yet.
Sustainability & SMART
- Together with their Official Energy Consultancy Partner The Energy Check, Swansea City plan to reduce its energy consumption, to become more energy efficient and to reduce its carbon emissions to make their Liberty Stadium more environmentally sustainable.
- Fortuna Sittard will integrate the VIP platform of ESSMA Corporate Partner iXpole. Their VIP customers and sponsors will be able to use iXpole’s self-service ticketing VIP portal.
- The Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy has sent an official delegation to Russia to learn from the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Over 180 delegates are present in all 11 host cities to observe, shadow and take part in secondment programmes.
- ESSMA Corporate Partner Restrata has published a white paper regarding Protection of Crowded Space. Request your copy and learn more about the challenges in protecting a crowded space, how to approach mitigating risks and more.
- Participants of the SEF Trophy will be trained and informed about the risks of match fixing. The Swedish Football League wants to create awareness and teach the youth players how to handle it responsibly.