Industry update: more on fan experience, broadcasting and accessibility
Read more on KRC Genk's 2019/20 season kit reveal in 360°, virtual advertising during the TOP 14 final, UEFA.tv and more in ESSMA’s weekly industry update.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- KRC Genk revealed their 2019/20 season kits in a unique way. in 360°. With the dedicated Reload KRC Genk app, fans are able to experience the club’s new kits in 360° via Augmented reality.
- During the TOP 14 final between Stade Toulousain and ASM Clermont, LNR tested virtual advertising technology. Fans livestreaming the match from Japan were shown differents ads compared to ads shown to French fans watching on TV and in the stadium on the LED boards.
Operations & Ticketing
- UEFA unveiled its new Over The Top (OTT) streaming platform, which is aimed at giving viewers greater access to live and on-demand video content from a variety of competitions. The service, which is named UEFA.tv, will initially provide football fans with an entertainment platform which will offer original programming. Starting next season, the Bundesliga will be the first national league to be represented on the European governing body’s new digital portal. UEFA and DFL have entered into a partnership that provides for a separate channel on the streaming platform with videos from the Bundesliga in addition to European competitions
- As part of the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy’s commitment to create an accessible World Cup, they have installed a sensory room at Al Janoub Stadium. The sensory room provides people with autism and other neurobehavioural conditions a safe space to retreat to during the match.
- The recently inaugurated VTB Arena includes both a 26,000-capacity football stadium and a 13,000-capacity indoor ice hockey arena. Both venues are equipped with a sound system by ESSMA Corporate Partner, L-Acoustics.
- As part of Olympique Lyonnais’ Full Entertainment concept, the club partnered up with Olympia Production to create OL Production. In addition, OL Production will organise a unique new festival, Felyn, in the summer of 2020 at Groupama Stadium.