Industry update: more on fan experience, construction, pitch management
Read more on the redevelopment plans of Levante UD, a Twitter bot for the Emirates FA Cup, an update on the new Feyenoord Rotterdam stadium and more in this weekly industry update provided by ESSMA.
Construction & Development
- Levante UD revealed plans for the redevelopment of their Estadi Ciutat de València. The project is divided into two phases. During phase 1, the focus will be on the exterior of the stadium, while phase 2 will focus on the redevelopment of hospitality areas. The redevelopment is scheduled to commence in April 2019.
The Levante UD redevelopment project will be part of ESSMA’s new SDR which will be released in January 2019.
- Feyenoord Rotterdam is entering the next phase towards their new stadium plans by adding an additional €30 million equity to the project. The next phase will focus on the final design of the stadium and the further financial elaboration. The stadium will have a 63.000 capacity and is expected to be completed by 2023.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- The FA teamed up with Twitter to create a direct message bot to deliver video highlights from the Emirates FA cup to fans in 10 countries. With the project, the FA hopes to further build awareness and audiences in selected markets such as the US, Brazil, India. etc.
- Friends Arena has been awarded with the best pitch of Allsvenskan 2018 by the Spelarforeningen. In Damallsvenskan, Swedish women’s first division, Myresjöhus Arena won the prize.
- Both Toulouse FC and Montpellier HSC have partnered up with ESSMA Corporate Partner, VOGO. With VOGO SPORT Live & Replay, VIP fans have the opportunity to see replays and slow-motion repeats.