Industry update: more on fan experience, safety & stadium development
Read more on FC Grenoble Rugby’s Planète FCG project, a scarf with unique technology at Real Sociedad, the new Zagłębie stadium and more in ESSMA’s weekly industry update.
Development & Construction
- FC Grenoble Rugby’s Planète FCG project will integrate the club’s restaurant and a gaming area to echo their eSports team. The project should be completed by June 2021 with a total budget between €7 and 8 million. Planète FCG will offer players the best training conditions. Adding to its uniqueness, the space will be open to the public and will facilitate an enhanced interaction between visitors and players.
- The Board of Directors of Real Madrid gave green light to the financing of the remodeling of Santiago Bernabeu for a total of €575 million. The new income generated by the renovation will not only cover the costs of the renovation but it will also significantly increase the club's revenues. The financing has been structured by J.P Morgan and Bank of America Merrill Lynch with the collaboration of Banco Santander and Société Générale.
- Preliminary earth works will soon start at Wimbledon Stadium, the new stadium project of English League One football club AFC Wimbledon. The works include pumping away the surface water which has accumulated into a bowl shape at the site and completing the ground stabilization work. Buckingham Group is expected to complete the work in ten weeks’ time.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Utilizing latest technology, Real Sociedad designed a special scarf, ‘One Club Man’ which can be linked to their Realzale App.Once linked to the app, fans receive exclusive notifications and offers to win different experiences, raffles, prizes and discounts. Depending on the profile used, for each game a notification is sent to the user with the redeemable opportunities of that moment.
- FC Grenoble announced the creation of their new eSports team, FCG Esports, in view to contribute to the growth of the eSports discipline in France. The team will compete on Overwatch and new players on other games will be recruited in the coming months. The FCG eSports team roster includes six players and two managers.
- Manchester City marked its 125th birthday by announcing a new and unique stadium tour for their fans. Oozing latest technology, the ‘Manchester City Tour’ includes 3D holographic content, augmented reality and a 360 degree cinema screen. The new exhibition space will guide fans into a time travel back to the rich history and heritage of Manchester. The highlight of the tour is the usage of augmented reality, fans can take a spot next to club manager Pep Guardiola and interact with him as he answers questions during a press conference.
- Wigan Athletic FC and Wigan Warriors Rugby League Club are seeking to deliver a unique matchday experience to their fans by installing a new large screen technology. The new 60m2 high resolution LED screen will be an upgrade in matchday experience next season at the DW Stadium and also will help to connect the club with its fans and partners.
Safety & Security
- ESSMA Corporate Partner,Accredit Solutions, released a white paper ‘How to Use Accreditation to Secure your Venue and Events’ in partnership with Chris Phillips, one of the world’s foremost experts on counter terrorism and security. The paper is a documentation of years of research and firsthand experience. The guide focuses on reducing the risk of Insider Threat and will enable the reader a distinctive knowledge on improving event security.
|Request the whitepaper|