Industry update: more on Fan Experience, SMART & Sustainability and eSports
Read more on matchday fan experience apps at FC Copenhagen and AS Roma, a membership programme targeting -12 fans at OGC Nice, the new eSports teams of The Belgian Football Association and Paris Saint-Germain and single-use plastic reduction at Watford FC in this short industry update by ESSMA.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- After a successful trial, FC Copenhagen fully integrated TELIA REPLAY in VoresKBH and Telia Parken Live, their two official apps. Key situations will be available within nine seconds. The app can be accessed via the free Wi-Fi available in the stadium and complements the full match experience of the fans.
- OGC Nice launched its project for fans under the age of 12. Kids can become a member of the ‘Mèfi Club’ for the 2018/2019 season for a small fee. The membership includes a scarf of the club and several reductions in the shop and on tickets. Furthermore, they will have exclusive access to private training and signature sessions.
- The Belgian Football Association announced the launch of the Red eDevils. Four eDevils will play their first game together on 12 May against France in Paris at 17h. The teams are separated in a best of three series, two doubles and one single match. Fans can follow the games live on Facebook and YouTube.
- Paris Saint-Germain is expanding its eSports segment. In addition to FIFA and Rocket League, they announced their presence in Dota 2 with five new eSports members. The goal is to benefit from audience on the international market, especially the Asian market.
- AS Roma partnered up with traffic and navigation app Waze. Player voices will guide users around Rome to guide fans on matchdays.
SMART & Sustainability
- Watford FC is making changes to their operations to reduce single-use plastic, following a campaign from the Premier League and Sky Ocean Rescue. Therefore, the club works together with partners and suppliers to form a sustainable plan to minimise or even eradicate any reliance with it. By making these changes, they activate and encourage their community and fans to take action as well.