Industry update: more on fan experience, stadium renovation and VR
Read more on eSports, examples of fan experience and stadium renovation in this short stadium industry update by ESSMA.
- La Liga have launched La Liga eSports following their “It is not football, it’s La Liga” campaign to connect with the Millennial generation. La Liga is planning to roll out several projects in the coming months. The first phase of the LaLiga eSports project will focus nationally across Spain and the aim is to expand internationally as the project establishes itself.
- Real Madrid have their own 360° and VR channel through a cooperation with The Dream VR. Fans have the opportunity to enjoy exclusive live content every month through an app which can be downloaded both on mobile devices and TV.
- CAFE (Centre for Access to Football in Europe) is organising its annual CAFE Week of Action - Total Football Total Access to celebrate the wider inclusion of disabled people within football from 3 to 11 March. Activities are held in countries all over Europe with Spain, Armenia, Malta and Russia participating for the first time.
- Ekstraklasa will cooperate with Lagardere Sports Poland in order to invest in the development of eSports. After last year’s success of the first EKSTRAKLASA CUP, Ekstraklasa want to organise a domestic league competition where players will compete in EA Sports game FIFA 18.
- Starting the 2018/19 season, AFC Ajax will launch 'The Tunnel Club'. The hospitality concept offers 24 members the chance to access the area around the players tunnel and to stand next to the pitch during the warming-up.
- SM Caen will organise their second 24 hours Hackathon before the game against Montpellier HSC. The three main topics focus on fan experience (before, during and after the match), improving service quality and fan connectivity.
- Populous, an ESSMA Corporate Partner, will take part in the $600 million renovation project of the Arena at Seattle Centre, formerly known as KeyArena. With the design, they aim to establish a stronger connection between the arena and the surrounding Seattle Community. The renovation is scheduled to commence in 2020.