Industry update: more on matchday experience, 5G and education
Read more on the new lighting show at Olympique de Marseille, 5G testing in the Bundesliga, blind reporting at Bayer 04 Leverkusen and more in ESSMA’s industry update.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- To celebrate 20 years of blind and partially sighted reports at Bayer 04 Leverkusen, over 90 visually impaired fans and invited guests experienced the Blindenreportage for the Bundesliga match against RB Leipzig. Furthermore, the club designed a unique jersey with braille.
- Following the announcement of DFL introducing 5G into the German stadium industry, live access to the latest 5G mobile communications technology has been provided for the first time during VfL Wolfsburg vs. TSG 1899 Hoffenheim. Selected guests in the stadium were able to test the prototype of the new real-time app.
- Together with ESSMA Partners, Signify and L-Acoustics,Olympique de Marseille have created a unique matchday experience by connecting the lighting system that integrates light, sound and animations to create a lighting show. In addition, with the new lighting system, the 67,000 capacity Orange Vélodrome has become a 100% LED stadium.
- Ferencvárosi TC recently opened Fradi School League, a football championship between schools and amateur sports clubs after its success with the Fradi School Program and Fradi Sports lessons. Watch the opening ceremony:
- England Rugby has launched ‘Food for Rugby’, an initiative designed to give diet and nutritional advice to the wider rugby community. the hub is designed to be a source of information and advice for players, coaches and parents on a range of topics including how to manage weight loss, muscle gain and recovery, allowing players to optimise their diets for their own unique situations.