Industry update: more on new technologies, fan experience and pitch management
Read more on a corner flag camera during the DFL-Supercup final, the launch of LaLiga North America, UEFA’s blockchain-based ticketing system, fan experience at Dijon FCO and more in this short industry update by ESSMA.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga and its subsidiary Sportcast have developed a corner flag camera.The 2018 DFL-Supercup final between Eintracht Frankfurt and FC Bayern München was the first official match to test the camera. The integrated camera offered the TV audiences a fresh new perspective when the on-field action got heated near the touchlines. The technology has been tested as well during SportsInnovation 2018.
- LaLiga and Relevent join forces and launch LaLiga North America. LaLiga North America will focus on further developing the football culture in the USA and Canada.
Safety & Security
- During last week’s UEFA Super Cup, UEFA deployed a new blockchain-based ticketing system to simplify the ticket sales process and to make it more secure e.g. to prevent the replication and duplication of tickets.
Corporate Partner news
- From the 2018/19 season, Dijon FCO will partner up with ESSMA Corporate Partner VOGO Sport. With VOGO SPORT Live & Replay, fans have the opportunity to see replays and slow-motion repeats.
- At the Veltins Arena, home of FC Schalke 04, RSE - RHENAC will install an integrated R-BL stadium pitch management system before the end of 2018. The R-BL system is a fully automated system that can include 4 functions: multi-channel LED lighting for grass & root growth, a sprinkler function and an infrared fungus-blocking function.
- SeeGrow has joined the ESSMA community as new Corporate Partner. SeeGrow specialises in open and covered growing systems for stadium pitches.