Industry update: more on safety, fan experience and merchandising
Read more on the Club App Platform of LaLiga, AS Roma merchandising, safety at Feijenoord Stadium and more in ESSMA’s weekly industry update.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- With WhatsApp Granota, Levante UD is using a new communication channel to inform, involve and keep over 3000 fans up to date with the latest news. The WhatsApp group is an automatic process where fans can send the words 'Hola Levante' to 661 833 183 or via bit.do/Hola-LevanteUD to join and receive the club communication.
- Matmut Stadium de Gerland, home of LOU Rugby, has been modernised with IP video and digital signage solution of ESSMA Corporate Partner, Exterity, to enhance its matchday experience. Exterity has published a case study on how they supported the club during their journey and which solutions they offered.
- LaLiga is helping 23 clubs to develop their club apps to reach an international target audience with the Club App Platform initiative. The starting point is a basic app which each club can personalise according to their needs and requirements to reach new (international) fans, to sell tickets and merchandise, provide sponsor and advertising opportunities, share club news, etc.
Operations & Ticketing
- AS Roma fans are able to purchase club merchandising not only via the official club’s webshop but via Amazon as well with delivery to most European countries.
SMART & Sustainability
- UEFA announces climate actions for EURO 2020 by planting over 600,000 trees across the twelve host countries. In each host country, they will plant 50,000 trees. In addition, UEFA will invest in renewable energy projects to offset fans’ and UEFA carbon emissions from matchday travel.
- FC Bayern München has received the Resuable Award from the European REUSE Conference for its switch to reusable cups for home matches at Allianz Arena.
Safety & Security
- Feijenoord Stadium is extending its partnership with ESSMA Corporate Partner, Safesight, which offers a software platform to guarantees that all people involved, know and accept their safety-related responsibilities and tasks on matchday. In addition, the software is implemented as well during non-football events to ensure a safe venue.