Industry update: more on safety, ticketing and connectivity
Read more on safety measurements at Allianz Stadium, a maximum cap for UEFA Champions and Europa League matches for away fans, 5G at Allianz Arena and more in ESSMA’s weekly industry update.
Safety & Security
- New video surveillance technologies of ESSMA Stadium Partner, Dallmeier, have been installed at Allianz Stadium allowing for a total coverage of the basin and to identify those responsible for any event with high accuracy. In addition, new portal metal detectors have been installed at the East sector to facilitate the flow of Juventus fans and to reduce time when entering the stadium.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Allianz Arena will introduce 5G from spring 2020. The 5G technology can process large amounts of data significantly quicker, so video streams can be watched faster and in higher resolutions. In addition, the technology makes it possible for Bayern Munich fans to experience augmented or virtual reality with 5G-capable devices via apps.
Fill out ESSMA’s connectivity survey on Wi-Fi and 5G
- With Brentford FC’s Junior Memberships, young fans are able to enjoy a unique experience at Griffin Park. Depending on their age, they are divided into three welcome packs: Junior Members (aged 11-17), Bee Team (aged 3-10) or Babee Members (0-3). In addition, Brentford FC has several dedicated youth initiatives such as #BeeTheAnnouncer and #BEETHEDJ to optimise their matchday experience.
- Olympique Marseille’s (OM) commitment to providing an ideally suited environment to channeling supporter enthusiasm and energy to the team has led OM to commission a series of technical renovations at Orange Vélodrome. One of these technical renovations is the implementation of a new sound system, which has been installed by ESSMA Corporate Partner L-Acoustics. The installation, designed specifically for the stadium, was modeled using L-Acoustics Soundvision, a powerful digital acoustic and mechanical 3D simulation tool. Soundvision enables analysis of the stadium's sound coverage, working from a virtual representation of the site.
Operations & Ticketing
- UEFA caps ticket prices for away fans during Champions League and Europa League matches. Ticket prices will be capped at a maximum of €70 in the Champions League and €45 in the Europa League. This new regulation complements the existing rule which stipulates that the price of tickets for supporters of the visiting team must not exceed the price paid for tickets of a comparable category that are sold to supporters of the home team.
SMART & Sustainability
- BASIS, the British Association for Sustainable Sport, will organise its 8th annual BASIS Sustainable Sport Summit on 12 September at Wembley Stadium, London. Topics will focus on waste, plastics, energy, transport and food.
More info about the BASIS conference