Industry update: more on SMART & Sustainability, eSports and fan experience
Read more on sustainability in the Premier League, eSports in the Bundesliga, fan experience at Manchester City and LED boarding of Paris Saint-Germain in this short industry update by ESSMA.
Operations & Ticketing
- Paris Saint-Germain will offer their partners personalised ads on the LED boards of Parc des Princes according to broadcast location following a partnership with AIM Sport. The system was introduced during the game against Monaco and the club will install Digital Overlay technology for future matches.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Manchester City launched a free children’s app at the Man City Kids Fan Zone targeting 6-12 year-olds. The app will contain behind-the-scenes content of the club, games and quizzes. Moreover, a series of competitions and prizes are offered including signed shirts and a chance to meet the first team players.
- The German Football Association, DFB, opened up its membership to eSports teams with a focus on football. The first aim of the DFB remains to get kids and young people to actively play football.
- A young and sick Everton FC fan had the opportunity to experience the game against Newcastle United by a virtual matchday mascot named AV1. With the AV1’s integrated camera, microphone, and speaker enabling he could experience the game as well as ‘meeting’ several Everton FC players.
SMART & Sustainability
- The Premier League and Sky have announced their partnership to raise awareness of the environmental issues caused by single-use plastic. The aim of the project is to inspire clubs and fans to go single-use plastic free.
Safety & Security
- After over 110,000 people singed a petition for safe-standing in the Premier League and Championship, the petition will be debated in Parliament on 25 June.
Corporate Partner News
- Le Credit Sportif has been renamed TWELVE following their ten years anniversary. By changing its name, the company wants to create more unanimity and pull together their four forces under one new brand. Furthermore, their new name suits its international ambitions in the niche of events and stadiums.