Industry update: more on stadium renovation & development and fan experience
Read more about stadium development & renovation at Leicester City FC, KV Mechelen and Ajax AFC, staying the night at SC Freiburg and more partner news in this short industry update by ESSMA.
Strategic Partner news
- European Leagues, previously known as ‘The Association of European Professional Football Leagues’, has changed its name and corporate identity. In addition, a Manifesto was launched reaffirming and setting out the Leagues’ commitment to the future of European football.
Construction & Development
- KV Mechelen will demolish their old main stand to construct their new business stand at the AFAS Stadium. The stand will consist of four floors including a business lounge, skyboxes with outside seating, a press stand and more. The renovation is expected to finish by the start of the 2018/2019 season.
- Vice Chairman of Leicester City FC, Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, has confirmed the initial planning for the expansion and development of the King Power Stadium. The club aims to expand the capacity, improve facilities and invest in the surrounding site. Moreover, fans had the chance to attend a public consultation for the new training facilities.
- The building shell of the east side of Amsterdam ArenA, home of Ajax AFC, is completed. The goal is to give visitors in the ArenA the comfort and space that is needed for the best possible experience. The complete refurbishment is set to conclude next summer.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- SC Freiburg offers a unique and exclusive overnight stay in Schwarzwald-Stadion for two people. The winners will be chosen by a raffle and can sleep in a special Sleeperoo-cube on the pitch.
Corporate Partner news
- SCAU, has won the bid for the design of the Yamoussoukro stadium in Ivory Coast. The stadium will be one of the six hosting stadiums for the 2021 Africa Nations Cup with a capacity of 20,000 seats. Three of the four stands are built into the ground while the west stand will be built on a hill. Stadium facilities will include changing rooms, press facilities and offices. Furthermore, a single-ring shaped roof will cover the stands and catering facilities will be provided to supporters in an open air concourse.
- Musco Lighting, has been chosen as the Official Stadium Field of Play Lighting Supplier of Tottenham Hotspur. Following their partnership, Musco Lighting will provide all lighting solutions to the pitch of the new stadium as a LED-system of 324 floodlights will be mounted on the underside of the stadium’s roof.