Industry update: more on sustainability, esports and ticketing
Read more on the recycled football kit of Juventus, public ticketing ballots for the 2019 Ashes Series, an esports partner for West Ham United FC and a documentary about Ligue 1 in this short industry update by ESSMA.
SMART & Sustainability
- The 2018/2019 football kit of Juventus is entirely made from recycled ocean plastic. Adidas partnered up with Parley for the Oceans to manufacture the kit.
Operations & Ticketing
- The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) have announced that they will introduce public ticketing ballots to meet anticipating demand for the 2019 Ashes Series.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- As part of their international development strategy, the Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) created a documentary film “Ligue 1: la nouvelle ère”. The major themes implemented include French-style training, Ligue 1 stars, Classico, fans and the implementation of video arbitrage. From 27 July, the documentary will be broadcasted on Canal+ and beIN SPORTS.
- The tram stop Krimmerie-Stade Meinau in front of the stadium of Racing Club de Strasbourg Alsace is dressed in the colours of the club for the 2018/2019 season. The project is part of a larger plan to enhance the fan experience at Stade Meinau. Furthermore, the plan includes a future 'Allée Racing' and a fan zone.
- West Ham United FC signs their first esports partner. The club entered esports in 2016 and has currently two active FIFA esports players. The Basset & Gold partnership is expected to prioritise collaboration on local community initiatives and fan engagement projects