Industry update: more on sustainability, new stadium projects and VR
Read more on sustainability initiatives, stadium projects and augmented reality in this short stadium industry update by ESSMA.
- Plans for the new Aberdeen FC Kingsford Stadium have been approved by Aberdeen City Council. The club will invest £50 million in a new stadium and training facilities.
- DFL is integrating augmented reality graphics to their live feed to enhance fan experience. As part of the pre-game, graphic elements such as player profiles and the team ranking can be added to the live feed.
- Luzhniki Stadium received their ‘green’ certification for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ . The BREEAM certificate is a mandatory requirement of FIFA as part of their sustainability strategy.
- Eurosport have announced that there will be live VR coverage during the Winter Olympics. Fans can download the Winter Olympics Eurosport VR app to enjoy over 50 hours of live VR coverage.
- The NFL together with PepsiCo, Aramark and the U.S. Bank Stadium have created a zero-waste initiative, which has been implemented during the Super Bowl LII. With the Rush2Recycle initiative they hope to recycle 90% of their stadium waste, which is estimated to be over 40 tons.
.@mvp86hinesward wants you to bin it to win it this #SBLII Sunday! Get his pro tips for recycling at your party, and show him your moves: https://t.co/Ib39b0kxQc#Rush2Recyclepic.twitter.com/7svIoXxg2A— Super Bowl (@SuperBowl) February 4, 2018
- Among other stadiums worldwide, Philips ArenaVision floodlighting will be installed in four South Korean stadiums for ski, snowboard, skating and short track competitions. Philips ArenaVision floodlighting allows broadcasters to deliver better quality to those viewing at home.
- Leicester City FC unveil plans for a new training facilities. In Spring 2018 they have planned a programme of public consultation to discuss the proposals for the new site.
- Round two matches of the Six Nations will be played this weekend. At Aviva Stadium Ireland will compete against Italy. England - Wales will be hosted at Twickenham Stadium. While Scotland will face France at BT Murrayfield.
- Philips Lighting show during the game between Racing Metro 92 and ASM Clermont at the recently opened U Arena.