Industry update: more on sustainability, safety and fan experience
Read more on eliminating single-use plastic from sports events, fan experience at Sevilla FC and Arsenal FC, safety preparations for the 2022 World Cup and more in this weekly industry update provided by ESSMA.
SMART & Sustainability
- BASIS, together with #OneLess and the Marine Conservation Society, will organise a meeting focused on eliminating single-use plastic from sports events on Monday 3 December at Lord’s Cricket Ground. During the meeting, participants will explore the barriers and challenges that the sector faces in reducing single-use plastic, present best practice case studies that demonstrate what others have achieved already, and provide guidance on policy, ground safety, operational issues and waste management that will support participants in implementing positive changes in your events. ESSMA Members can register for a beneficial rate of £35, with the code ESSMA2018.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- The Belgian Pro League partners up with Sorare to market crypto collectibles of all players of the 24 professional Belgian clubs (Jupiler Pro League and Proximus League). The platform will allow users to purchase and trade cards, the values of those cards are based on the on-pitch performance and will change accordingly in real-time.
- Arsenal FC and GameOn join forces to develop the first official Arsenal Chatbot, Robot Pires. Robot Pires provides Arsenal FC fans with latest updates, ticket information, results, personalised content of certain players and themes, real-time reactions and answers to their questions, etc.
- Sevilla FC will team up with Uber España as the club’s official Mobility and Innovation Partner for the 2018/19 season. The club encourages fans to leave their car at home and use the Uber app as an alternative to travel around the city, both on matchdays and non-matchdays.
- The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy hosted the third Stadium Safety and Security Licensing and Certification Joint Advisory Group Expert Meeting in Doha, organised by Project Stadia, to continue safety and security preparations for the 2022 FIFA World Cup. During the three-day workshop, expert delegates shared insights and lessons learned to create a safe World Cup and leave a legacy for delivering major events.
- Several ESSMA Stadium and Corporate Partners including SIS Pitches, SGL, RSE, Pitchmark, Natural Grass, GrassMaster Solutions and Campey Turfcare Systems will attend the 2018 SALTEX edition on 31 October and 1 November at NEC Birmingham.