Industry update: more on the European Week of Sport, ticketing and the new Santiago Bernabéu Stadium
Read more on the Flexcard of VVV-Venlo, the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium redevelopment plan, the Juventus Fan Token, the European Week of Sport campaign and more in this weekly industry update provided by ESSMA.
Operations & Ticketing
- VVV-Venlo offers its fans a Flexcard. Fans who want to cheer the club but don’t have the possibility to watch every match, are offered the Flexcard. With the Flexcard, valid for 10 matches, fans have the opportunity to watch their club whenever it suits them, for a beneficial rate.
Construction & Development
- Real Madrid revealed a video showcasing the design of the future Santiago Bernabéu Stadium. The redevelopment plan focuses on becoming a digital arena including a 360° scoreboard, audio-visual tools as well as an extension of the museum, eSports, new shopping facilities and more.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Juventus FC has partnered up with Socios.com to create its own crypto token. The Juventus Official Fan Token will evolve the club’s global fan engagement strategy and help expand their global audience. Fans will be able interact with the club through a mobile voting and polling platform.
- Together with their sponsor Thalazur, SM Caen created a unique fan experience. Two fans had the opportunity to watch the match, next to the pitch in a hot tub.
- The European Week of Sport campaign, an initiative of the European Commision, aims at promoting sport and physical activity across Europe to all citizens, regardless of age, background or fitness level. Together with its members, ECA and European Leagues support the campaign with several initiative to encourage everyone to be active.
- To further support women’s football development, The FBA, an ESSMA Strategic Partner, has become an official sponsor of Servette FC Chênois Féminin.