Industry update: more on ticketing, fan experience and hospitality
Read more on innovative technologies at Johan Cruijff ArenA, a 3D Hospitality Platform at Ricoh Arena, cashless payment at Ashton Gate Stadium and more in ESSMA’s weekly industry update.
Operations & Ticketing
- The Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) and Johan Cruijff ArenA have tested several innovations during the EURO 2020 qualification match against Estonia including:
- A small group of fans could test the Live & Replay technology of ESSMA Corporate Partner VOGO
- A blockchain-based ticketing app to tackle touts and counterfeiting
- An interactive map to offer visitors with a simple overview of where to find the nearest entrance, which parking facilities are available, access to public transport and other activities
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Ashton Gate Stadium and Bristol City FC will be introducing cashless concession stands. The cashless rollout aims to improve service times during peak periods on matchdays and shorter service periods such as half-time and enhance the matchday experience.
- Wasps RFC will launch a virtual 3D Hospitality Platform at Ricoh Arena. The technology, supported by ESSMA Corporate Partner 3D Digital Venue, will allow supporters the ability to experience a 360-degree, 3D view of all Wasps’ hospitality suites before purchasing. The supporters can use their phone or computer to immerse themselves in Wasps’ hospitality portfolio.
- Everton FC has created a tailored rewards scheme that will allow fans save money to spend their points on a variety of products including matchday tickets, memberships and matchday experiences on the launch, plus season tickets from the 2021/22 season onwards.
- With its Corporate Social Responsibility Program called “Come on, Let’s Play!”, FC Shakhtar won the More than Football Award at the 13th European Football for Development Network (EFDN). The program supported by UEFA Foundation for Children and DTEK Energy allowed a total of 4,300 children aged 7 to 12 to play football for free with coaches at 66 grounds in 33 locations in Ukraine.