Industry update: more on ticketing, fan experience and safety
Read more on the inauguration of Real Sociedad’s Reale Arena, the cuddle toys initiative of ADO Den Haag away fans, Fulham FC’s 3D ticketing support platform and more in ESSMA’s weekly industry update.
Development & Construction
- Real Sociedad inaugurated its completely renovated Reale Arena. During the first match at the stadium, after reconstruction has been completed, 34,719 fans could enjoy and experience all new technologies which have been implemented.
Operations & Ticketing
- To support Fulham FC’s seating transition process of the Riverside Stand at Craven Cottage, the 3D Virtualization software of ESSMA Corporate Partner 3D Digital Venue has been integrated in the ticketing process. With the tool, fans have 3D visual support regarding their seat relocation and potential upgrades. Season ticket holders who have to relocated will be able to check a 360-degree view of their new seat on the club’s website.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- For the third year in a row, away fans of ADO Den Haag organised an initiative to support sick children from the Sophia Children Hospital during Feyenoord - ADO Den Haag. In the 12th minute, ADO Den Haag fans threw thousands of cuddle toys on the stand below towards the children. Furthermore, the club raised money as fans and other Dutch clubs including AZ Alkmaar could adopt a cuddle toy to further support the children’s hospital.
- As part of Paris Saint-Germain’s partnership with Deliveroo, fans in Parc des Princes will be able to order food from their seats from 2020 onwards.
Safety & Security
- ESSMA Corporate Partner Genetec created a case study with regards to video surveillance to ensure a safe stadium together with Excelsior Rotterdam and Veilig Gevoel.