Industry update: more on ticketing, pitch management and redevelopment
Read more on the price cap on away tickets in Ligue 1 and 2, the redevelopment plans of CA Brive and RC Strasbourg Alsace, the Premier League Grounds Team of the Season award and more in ESSMA’s weekly industry update.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- LFP are set to introduce a price cap on away tickets from the 2019/20 season. The proposed rates are €10 for Ligue 1 matches and €5 for Ligue 2 matches. The proposal will inspire and encourage fans to attend more away games of their team.
Development & Construction
- CA Brive have announced plans for the modernisation and development of their facilities. The project will include:
- The construction of a state-of-the-art performance center for the first team and the academy
- Pitch renovations at the stadium and the training ground
- New catering and reception facilities for the general public and partners
- Wolverhampton Wanderers FC will install seats incorporating barriers at their Molineux Stadium. All the seats at the Sir Jack Hayward Stand will be replaced by a new barrier seating solution. In addition, the seats in the Stan Cullis quadrant will be fitted with an independent barrier. The new seating arrangements are in full compliance with the most recent guidelines of the Sports Ground Safety Authority’s Green Guide. The works are expected to be completed by the 2019/20 season.
- RC Strasbourg Alsace are planning renovation works at their Stade de la Meinau. The total cost of the project is estimated to be around 100 million and will increase the stadium capacity from 26,280 to 32,000. In addition, a total of 3,660 VIP seats and additional reception areas including 4 fan bars will be implemented. To enhance the matchday experience, a multifunctional fan zone, to accommodate 5,000 people, will be constructed. The works on the new stadium are expected to commence in 2021.
- Manchester United won the 2018/19 The Premier League Grounds Team of the Season award. The award recognised the hard work of Old Trafford grounds manager Tony Sinclair and his team in maintaining the pitch at Old Trafford. In total, the grounds team is responsible for 23 natural and 5 synthetic pitches.
Operations & Ticketing
- UEFA have announced the ticket details for UEFA Euro 2020. Approximately 2.5 million tickets will be sold to fans and the applications for the first 1.5 million tickets will take place on the EURO2020.com website from 12 June to 12 July. For matches where the demand exceeds supply, tickets will be allocated by a fair and transparent lottery. Each venue has a different ticket price based on the purchasing power and average income of the residents within the host countries.