Industry update: more on UEFA Women’s Euro 2021, redevelopment and F&B
Read more on the redevelopment plans of Almere City FC and Lord’s Cricket Ground, the PSV Academy, the extended F&B offering at BORUSSIA-PARK and more in ESSMA’s industry update.
Development & Construction
- Almere City FC published the designs of their renewed Yanmar Stadium. In a first phase, the club has deconstructed the E and F tribunes. By the winter break, the new main stand should be ready. In addition to an increased capacity, the hospitality areas will be renovated and expanded as well as additional facilities including new offices.
- Construction of the new Compton & Edrich stands at Lord’s Cricket Ground is starting and should be completed by the 2021 season. The three-tier stands will accommodate around 11,500 members with a connecting walkway between the two stands overlooking the Nursery Ground. This will enable spectators to move between the stands aiding circulation. The majority of the build will be carried out during the off-season, and will zbe completely halted for major matches.
- PSV inaugurated its refurbished PSV Academy. All youth teams, the second team and PSV Women train at PSV Campus De Herdgang. The academy houses all necessary facilities to support the teams. The next phase of the project includes a 2,500 seat capacity stadium.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Fans at BORUSSIA-PARK will be able to effortlessly carry several cups to their seat with a newly introduced cup carrier, which is able to carry four cups at the same time. In addition, Borussia Mönchengladbach introduced an extended F&B offer including several vegan options.
- ESSMA Corporate Partner, SGL, opened its Research & Innovation Centre. It enables SGL to do more extensive research and test new technologies on outdoor research plots, technology test plots, and an LED climate chamber.
- The FA confirmed the final venues selected to host the 2021 UEFA Women’s Championship. The tournament will be played across nine English stadiums including Bramall Lane, Brentford Community Stadium, Brighton & Hove Community Stadium, Leigh Sports Village, Manchester City Academy Stadium, New York Stadium, Stadium MK, Mary’s Stadium and Wembley Stadium.