Industry update: more on VR, sustainability and branding
Read more on the ‘Score at the Kop’ VR experience at Anfield, a carbon neutral certificate for Forest Green Rovers and new branding for the FFF and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in this short industry update by ESSMA.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Fans at Liverpool FC which will take part in a stadium tour at Anfield will have the opportunity to score a goal in front of the famous Kop. The ‘Score at the Kop’ VR experience replicates the sights and sounds of matchdays at Anfield and allows supporters to immerse themselves in the incredible atmosphere from a player’s perspective when for example scoring a goal.
- The French Football Federation (FFF) changed its logo after winning the World Cup in Russia. The new main logo will represent all French teams. The stars, which were present on the previous logo, will be reserved for the French A teams.
- Tottenham Hotspur unveiled their new stadium brand identity. The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will host Premier League matches, NFL matches, concerts and other major events.
Sustainability & SMART
- Forest Green Rovers has become a certified carbon neutral football club recognised by the United Nations for its green initiatives. Among other projects, the club only serves vegan food for all players, staff and fans, is powered by renewable energy, has electric vehicle charging points at the stadium and more to stay a sustainable football club.
- ESSMA Stadium Partner, Brightboard, has signed a strategic partnership with Global Sports Commerce (GSC) through its subsidiary, Techfront UK. The new partnership will enable Brightboard to bring customised state of the art and innovative technologies to the market.