Industry update: more on the return of fans, sustainability & construction
Learn more on rail seats at Manchester City, World Cup Qualifier games as test events, AZ Alkmaar's new roof and more in ESSMA’s industry update.
Safety & Security
- To enhance safety at Etihad Stadium, Manchester City FC has announced they will be installing 5,620 rail seats in the lower tier of the south stand.
- As part of the Fieldlab test events the government in the Netherlands organises, 5,000 visitors were allowed in the stadium for the World Cup Qualifier against Latvia. Dividing the fans into different test areas allows scientists to gain more knowledge and data of visitors returning to stadiums in different scenarios, as well as the build-up of aerosol concentrations inside the stadium.
- The Gibraltar Football Association will also be hosting a test event to learn more about fans safely returning to stadiums. Our Corporate Partner roboticket has created a ticketing platform for fans to enter a ballot, subject to various health checks.
Development & Construction
- A 170 meters long construction weighing 600,000 kg has been installed at AZ Alkmaar. The construction will have to carry the weight of the new roof of the stadium.
Sustainability & Smart
- Our Stadium Partner Signify has announced its partnership with the National Hockey League (NHL). Signify will increase the use of sustainable lighting in North American hockey facilities.
Fan Experience & Hospitality
- Nine leading clubs in the Toulouse metropolitan area, including Toulouse FC and Stade Toulousain, have joined forces to send out a message to their fans. The message reads “Toulouse supporters, our strength, our support”, showing the fans how much the teams miss their support.