Industry update: more on stadium developments and fan experience
Read more on the groundbreaking date for the Bradley-Moore Dock Stadium, the new fan shop of FC Bayern Munich and many more.
Development & Construction
- In preparation of Euro2020, Stadium Partner Signify has upgraded the lighting systems in six of the hosting venues. The switch from conventional lighting to connected LED lighting offers a superior match experience for players and spectators in the stadiums, and for TV viewers at home.
- Everton FC has announced the groundbreaking date for the Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium in North Liverpool. Work is expected to begin July 26th and will result in a new stadium in 2024.
- Corporate Partner Mott McDonald has been appointed for the next phase in the redevelopment of Stade Roland Garros. They will focus on the modernization of the complex, with Court Suzanne Lenglen receiving a retractable roof as highlight.
- FC Bayern Munich opens up a new seven storey fan shop in the center of Munich. This store holds several surprises for the fans, including a cage, equipped with one-meter-high LED bands made of glass on all sides to represent a 360° target. Hundreds of fans will be able to kick a football in the cage with a live like field experience!
Safety & security
- Our corporate partner Motorola Solutions launches an artificial intelligent video stadium security system. This system can detect hidden weapons on fans and therefore could be a useful addition to the safety protocols on match days.
- Sports venues in the UK are re-opening to full capacity as of July 19th and look forward to a new season kicking off in August with stadiums at full capacity.
- Tokyo 2020 will integrate 5G fan initiatives in the competitions of sailing and swimming. That way, spectators will have a better view on the events on the sea or in the pool