Industry update: new plans in Valencia and Nijmegen
Discover the latest industry news!
Development & construction
- In light of the upcoming 2024 UEFA European championship the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Stuttgart will be modernised. The renovations will start in May of this year and have been reported to have an estimated cost of approximately €100 million.
- Valencia CF has revealed its definitive plans to restart the construction of the Nuevo Mestalla. In 2009 the works were suspended. The new stadium will have a capacity of approximately 55,000 seats with the option to expand to 70,000 seats in the future. The multifunctional use on non-matchdays and the overall fan-experience will be the key points of Nuevo Mestalla.
© Valencia CF
- NEC Nijmegen has presented three options to redevelop Goffertstadion as a part of the ‘Ons nest’ campaign. The club will first need to acquire the stadium from the municipality. The plans all include new apartments, corporate boxes and an expansion of the capacity to 15,000 seats.
© NEC Nijmegen
- Fulham FC is forced to delay the full opening of the Riverside Stand which is currently being built. The lower tier will be open for fans next season. However, the development of Fulham Pier won’t be finished yet. Craven Cottage’s capacity will increase from 25,700 to 29,600 seats.
© Fulham FC
Fan experience & Hospitality
- The UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) has introduced new LED displays around the Octagon. The goal is to create more fan engagement, while also giving partners the opportunity to get more visibility.
- At Maracanã stadium in Rio de Janeiro one of our industry suppliers, GrassMax Systems, gave an exciting workshop on pitch technologies whilst stitching the pitch with GrassMax Hybrid PE.
Discover the full articles here!