Industry update: new plans at Villarreal, sensory rooms in Wembley and much more
Discover the latest news from the industry!
Development & Construction
- Villarreal CF has presented its plans to redevelop the Estadio de la Cerámica. The focus will not be on expanding the stadium, but on transforming it to a modern-looking venue. All seats will have a roof above them and also the spaces inside the stadium will be redeveloped.
Operations & Ticketing
- The Olympiastadion in Berlin has been chosen to host the EURO 2024 final. The tournament takes place in Germany. The Allianz Arena in Munich will host the opening match. The other hosting cities are Hamburg, Leipzig, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Gelsenkirchen, Cologne, Frankfurt and Stuttgart.
- ESSMA partner CM.com has signed a deal with Glamorgan Cricket Club to become the exclusive ticketing partner. The mobile-first system of CM.com would enhance the customer experience.
- Webley Stadium has installed two new sensory rooms for neurodivergent guests. This enables fans who have difficulties with a crowded stadium to enjoy the experience of being in the Webley stadium. Both rooms have been used for the first time during the FA Cup final last weekend.
- Real Madrid has launched a new platform together with Astosch Technology available for fans all around the world. It will offer a virtual recreation of the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu and access to the virtual club museum. Users will also be able to interact with each other.
Discover more here: