Industry update: redevelopments, new stadiums and digital venues
Discover the latest industry news now!
Sustainability & Smart
- The organisers of the Olympic Games of Paris 2024 have partnered with OnePlan to make a digital copy of the Stade De France and the other venues. The big advantage is that a lot less site visits will be needed which reduces CO2 emissions. It’s an efficient way of preparing for events.
Development & Construction
- The capacity of the Deutsche Bank Park of Eintracht Frankfurt will be increased to around 60,000 places. The works would start at the end of this year. Next to the Allianz Arena in Munich, the stadium will host the first German NFL games during the upcoming years.
- The OPAP ARENA is in the final phase of its construction. The new stadium of AEK FC will be ready this summer. The club is currently playing in the Olympic Stadium of Athens.
- Everton FC has signed an agreement with Laing O’Rourke. The contractor will be responsible for the final phase of the development of the new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock. Works for the new stadium started in last year’s summer.
- Manchester United FC has appointed a team of consultants to create a masterplan for the redevelopment of Old Trafford. Legends International and Populous, an ESSMA architect member, will lead the team. The main goal of the renovation is to enhance the fan experience.
Safety & Security
- ESSMA partner Safesight has announced a new partnership with Munich Security Services. By cooperating they hope to create new opportunities for their clients in the Munich region.
Discover more here: