Industry update: refurbishments and the metaverse
Catch up on the latest industry news!
- ESSMA partner Covermaster has won the “Innovative Award” from the Sports Field Management Association (SFMA) for its TARPMATE AIR™ Roller. It helps you to cover sports surfaces in an efficient manner which reduces storage requirements and labour costs. The inflatable cover roller is a game changer as it creates a safer, more controlled environment for cover removal.
Fan experience and hospitality
- RCD Espanyol has agreed on a partnership with NFT marketplace Fayre. In-stadium activations will be available for fans, creating connections between the metaverse and real-life experiences. The Spanish club will soon expand its use of NFT’s to NFT collectibles with limited collections.
Development & Construction
- The construction of the new PSG training center is going smoothly. The building, located in Poissy, has started to rise from the ground and is planned to open its doors for the first team in the summer of 2023. The center covers over 74 hectare and holds 17 football pitches.
- Arsenal FC is planning on refurbishing its Emirates Stadium. The stadium’s big screen, roof and turnstiles will be renovated. Furthermore, outside the stadium the banners and crests will be renewed.
© Nelson Ndongala
- Villarreal CF will modernise its Estadio de la Cerámica. By covering each stand, the Spanish club wants to offer greater comfort for fans watching the match.
Operations & Ticketing
- The Allianz Arena has been selected to host Germany’s first-ever regular-season National Football League (NFL) game. This iconic venue is the newest addition to the list of venues to stage one of the five fixtures of the NFL played abroad this season. Other venues in this first-class list are Wembley Stadium, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London and Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.
© Herr Bohn
- 3D Digital Venue, an ESSMA partner which provides Interactive Digital Venue Management Solutions to sports and entertainment venues, has won a GSIC Sports Tech innovation Award for the title of 'The Best Collaboration Between a Sport Entity and a GSIC Member'.
Discover the full articles here: