Stadium Industry Update: Stadium & safety management updates
- The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has published the latest edition of "ReportCalcio", highlighting the impact of COVID-19 on the 2020-21 season and the continued need for investment in stadium infrastructure. A sustainable development programme is crucial to the financial future of Italian football.
- Freiburg's solar panel roof is now finished. With the solar roof, the stadium is almost self-sufficient in terms of electricity demand over the year.
- Cagliari Calcio has finalised the plans for its new multifunctional stadium. The project is scheduled to be approved by the local authorities within the next few months.
Operations & Ticketing
- Forest Green's home stadium, The New Lawn, has been renamed 'The Bolt New Lawn' as part of their partnership with the mobility app.
Safety & Security
- Ajax FC will use the safesight platform to support their daily operations at the sport complex.
- Newcastle United are the latest English Premier League football club to implement the concept of safe standing. They will install a grandstand in the visitors' area of St James' Park this summer on the advice of the Sports Ground Safety Authority (SGSA).