Join us at OPEL ARENA for ESSMA’s Safety & Security Workshop
The European Stadium & Safety Management Association (ESSMA) will gather on 8 and 9 October at OPEL ARENA, home of 1. FSV Mainz 05, for its Safety & Security Workshop.
The workshop will focus on several topics including stewarding, crowd management, body searches, bag policies, new technologies and more.
Cases and best practices
Learn more about the following cases and best practices during the two-day workshop:
- Advice and guidelines on implementing facial recognition software at Madison Square Garden
- Delivering a safe venue for both football and non-football events at SBV Vitesse
- Best practices on crowd science solutions
- The benefits of having an internal stewarding programme at 1. FSV Mainz 05
- Effective organisation of body searches by SGSA
- Innovative solutions for a more time-efficient ingress at 1. FSV Mainz 05
- Insights on the European Regulatory Framework regarding facial recognition
About OPEL ARENA
1. FSV Mainz 05 moved into their new home in 2011, OPEL ARENA. The new stadium contributed to the growth of the club and positively impacted the safety and security inside and around the stadium. The club is constantly improving and fulfilling the demands of both their fans and the German Professional Football League (DFL).
Through innovative concepts, the club made significant progress in terms of crowd management and stewarding, having implemented several new strategies to ensure that all fans are feeling safe at OPEL ARENA.