Safety at Sports Grounds Maintaining Vigilance in Safety Conference, 19 April 2018 at Etihad Stadium
Incidents and tragedies at stadiums around the world have once again sharpened the focus on safety and remind us we must never be complacent with people’s safety where they are.
ESSMA Strategic Partner, the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA), will organise its Maintaining Vigilance in Safety Conference at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester on 19 April 2018. Focus will be on the key issues sports ground safety professionals are facing.
The conference provides an opportunity to share ideas, to meet likeminded professionals and to get insights what you need to do now to ensure people are as safe as possible.
- Bill Bush, Premier League
- Joyce Cook, FIFA
- Lucy D’Orsi, Counter Terrorism Policing National HQ
- Lucy Kennon, Transport for Greater Manchester
- Kevin Miles, Football Supporter’s Federation
- Mark Miles, West Bromwich Albion, FC
- Anthony Mundy, Lancashire County Cricket Club
- Ken Scott, Sports Grounds Safety Authority
Some of the key topics that will be covered:
- Counter terrorism
- Fire safety
- Supporter engagement
- Behaviour detection
- Persistent standing
- And more
For more information on the programme and to register for the event, go to the event website.